Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Update by user Aug 26, 2016

My issue was not resolved by First Merit Bank-not even acknowleged. It is obvious this un-ethical behavior is not only tolerated but encourged.

It probably goes all the way up the ladder and that is why no one has responded. They really must be investigated by the governing bodies that regulate and insure banks.

There is no question that they are truly the worst representative of banking there is. Can't wait till their out of business-hopefully the new owners will clean house and do right by their customers.

Update by user Jul 28, 2016

I did not apply for the loan that a First Merit employee put in my name and SS#. Amount was $72,000-much more than all my debt combined.

He had no right and no one at the bank is holding him accountable for his actions. They are enablers.

Original review posted by user Jul 27, 2016

I have been banking at the Parma Heights branch of

First Merit for years. They suddenly got rid of all the

front office staff and got a bunch of new people in.

One new genious took it upon himself to apply

for a loan in my name, ss# etc. for $72,000. I never requested this or knew about it until I got a rejection letter. I have complained to the fraud dept., branch manager, ceo and others-yet I have just been ignored. This is identity theft and apparently they condone it. My credit score dropped from excellent to fair because of this. When I talked to the branch manager he just laughed and said I did not understand. He said it was just an inquiry but it was not. I got a rejection letter that clearly said loan application was denied. These employees have access to customers and co-workers personal info and can pull this scam at anytime. If you have any accounts or know people with accounts at First Merit-close them asap for your own protection. If you have been a victim of First Merit I encourage you to post a review and warn others. We have to look out for each other as First Merit employees could care less-even the CEO. Good thing they will not be in existance for mu.ch longer

lestrunak@yahoo.com wrote the review because of poor customer service at FirstMerit Bank. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $72000 and wants FirstMerit Bank to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was employees lack of professionalism. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by FirstMerit Bank first merit bank loan for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1190705

File an identity theft report/complaint with your local or state police and ask them what can be done, if anything. You might also get a free consult with an attorney with a mind to a suit for damages(bad credit rating) from the bank.